WELCOME TO THE POLITICAL PHILOSOPHERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA OFFICIAL WEBSITE
A philosophically enlightened and policy-driven Nigerian government.
To be the foremost think-tank under the Nigerian firmament where the intellectual and creative resources of social and political philosophers are pooled and directed at development of political philosophy and political ideology for the common and greatest good of the Nigerian nation.
Nigeria Political Philosophy
- To unite all social and political philosophers in Nigeria under one roof.
- To develop the Nigerian Political Philosophy for the Nigerian Government.
- To act as the political think-tank for the Nigerian Government.
- To propagate the role of social and political philosophy in politics and government.
- To annually hold the Nigerian Political Philosophy Conference
- To cooperate with our parent body and other sub-divisional bodies to promote the growth of Philosophy.
- To organize short courses on Political Philosophy and Professional Ethics for political office holders.
- To award the JULIUS NYERERE AFRICA PRIZE IN POLITICAL LEADERSHIP to the best people-focused political leaders
- To annually organize Nigeria Political Philosophy Summit which would involve political stakeholders in Nigeria
- In collaboration with other scholars in Africa, to annually organize International Conference on African Political and Economic Philosophy.
- To promote political ethics as the value-structure for good political leadership.
- To advise the legislature and the judiciary on jurisprudence and the morality of law.
- To develop a Nigerian Ideology
- To recommend a National Ideology Commission
MEET OUR BOARD
PPAN EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- President – Ephraim-Stephen Essien – Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Vice President – Paul T. Haaga – Federal University, Lafia, Nassarawa State
- Secretary General- Godwin Chukwuma Okaneme – University of Abuja
- Assistant Secretary General – David Vareba – River State University, Port Harcourt, River State
- Treasurer – Jennifer Emejulu – Federal University, Lafia, Nassarawa State
- Financial Secretary – Gbenga Fasiku – Lagos State University, Lagos
- Welfare Officer – Abubakar Zaria Ibrahim- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Welfare Officer – Olajumoke Martha Akiode- Centre for Ethics and Sustainable Development, Lagos
- Public Relations Officer – Philip A. Idachaba – Kogi State University
- Conference/Seminar Coordinator: Oliver T. Agundu – Benue State University
- Provost: Vincent S. Kabuk – University of Jos
- Provost II: Francis Chigozie Ofoegbu – Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike, Ebonyi State
- Legal Officer: Edor J. Edor, Esq – University of Calabar
- Prof. Joseph Agbakoba – University of Nigeria, Nsukka – CHAIRMAN
- Prof. Adebola B. Ekanola – University of Ibadan – VICE CHAIRMAN
- Prof. Ezekiel Kola Ogundowole – University of Lagos
- Prof. Lawrence Ugwuanyi – University of Abuja
- Prof. Kenneth Amaeshi – University of Edinburgh, UK
- Prof. Paul Nnodim – Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, USA
- Prof. Dorothy Oluwagbemi Jacobs – University of Calabar
- Prof. Andrew Efemini – University of Port Harcourt
- Prof. Francis Njoku, CMF – University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- Prof. Zaccheus Ogundare – Ekiti State University
- Prof. John Inyang – University of Calabar
- Prof. Maduabuchi Dukor – Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Prof. Thomas Kidzu – Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Prof. Austin Okigbo – University of Colorado, Boulder, USA
- Prof. Isaac Ukpokolo – University of Ibadan
- Prof. Victor Inoka – University of Port Harcourt
- Prof. J. Obi Oguejiofor – Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka